Copyright © 2015 - 17 euexit.com. All rights reserved.
(14th July, 2015)
1. When did Greece join the EU and when was it admitted to the Euro?-1981 and 2001 (Issuing Euro banknotes on the 1st of January, 2002)
2. What is the Troika? - The European Central Bank (ECB), International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the European Commission (Eurogroup)
3. When and why did Eire have to be bailed out by the EU? - Because of the post-2008 Irish banking crisis
4. What is the Dublin Regulation? -A regulation that determines the hierarchy of countries responsible for Asylum Seeker claims, based upon family links and designed to avoid duplication of claims.
5. Which major EU institutions are made up of unelected members? - The EU Commission, EU Council of Ministers and the ECB
Answers on Friday (17th July, 2015)
(Tue 23rd June, 2015)
What are the names of the two founders of the EU project? - Jean Monnet and Robert Schuman
1. Which three EU members had the worst record for non-compliance of EU Law, as of the end of 2013? Spain, Italy and Greece
2. Which three EU members are amongst the best for complying with EU Law, as of the end of 2013? Latvia, Malta and Estonia
3. What is an EU directive? * see below
4. Which Treaty laid the foundations for the single currency? Maastricht Treaty
5. What is TTIP? Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership - the EU putting the interests of corporations above those of the people of Europe
* A directive is a legal act of the European Union, which requires member states to achieve a particular result without dictating the means of achieving that result. Whereas a regulation is self-executing.
(Mon 8th June, 2015)
In fact, to show the attitude of some politicians relating to the treaties that they have signed on our behalf, it is worth noting that at the time of the Maastricht Treaty, Tory Minister Douglas Hurd stated " Now we have signed it we had better read it" and more recently at the time when Brown signed the Lisbon Treaty; Carolyne Flint, the then Europe Minister, admitted that she hadn't read the Lisbon Treaty. Anyway for today's quiz, please try the following questions:-
The answers can be found easily either on the internet or on this site and will be published on Wednesday, 10th June, 2015.
If there are any specific questions that you would like to have included, please contact us.